1989 Denver Broncos
One of the most legendary football teams of all time, the 1989 Denver Broncos were famous faces when they stopped at South Park's Annual Drunken Barn Dance one lonely week, and after they flirted with a drunken Liane Cartman, she was taken aside by an equally drunk Jack Tenorman, and the next evening she was pregnant with the boy who would become Eric Cartman. The secret would tear the town apart years later, as Dr. Alphonse Mephesto nearly revealed Tenorman's identity to the public when he was shot by his brother, a hardcore Broncos fan, but their involvement was covered up by the various potential fathers and a reluctant Dr. Mephesto, as the Broncos feared the scandal would ruin their season.
Eric Cartman always suspected a Bronco might be his father regardless, but hoped it would be his friends' idol John Elway - he was unaware when he encountered Scott Tenorman and manipulated events to have the teenager's parents murdered and fed to their son that Mr. Tenorman was a legendary Bronco right tackle, and was horrified to learn a year later from his very own arch-nemesis that he had killed and murdered his own father.
The Broncos are still a prominent force in South Park, but the 1989 team is long replaced.
- Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks) (s02e07)
- Scott Tenorman Must Die (s05e01; Jack Tenorman only)
- 201 (s14e06; heavily referenced)
- They are also referred to as the 1991 Denver Broncos interchangeably; at the time the episodes aired in 1998, this would make Cartman eight years old.