The A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000, often simply AWESOM-O, is a large robot the size of a fourth grader manufactured in Japan... actually, it's another of Eric Cartman's aliases, a robot made out of big cardboard boxes, and a blinking red light, with the name written on the chest and a fake speaker. Cartman hoped he could learn all of Butters Stotch's deepest, darkest secret in disguise as the toy robot, but was instead forced to help him administer suppository tablets, give pleasure to an aging movie executive and become a weapon for the Government.
He was eventually exposed after a fart, and the A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000 project was terminated.
- "Greetings, I am the A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000"
- "You could tell A.W.E.S.O.M.-O all of your most personal secrets." (AWESOM-O)
- "A.W.E.S.O.M.-O must rest his CPU!" (AWESOM-O)
- "A.W.E.S.O.M.-O must dispense oil waste." (AWESOM-O)
- "AA.W.E.S.O.M.-O does not understand." (AWESOM-O)
- "LAAAAAME!!" (AWESOM-O)
- AWESOM-O (s08e02)
Behind the Scenes
Here's a never-before-seen storyboard for the infamous "suppository" scene. All storyboards for "AWESOM-O" were hand drawn.
Check out this hand-drawn 'board. Our storyboard department draws them digitally now.
Character Art: Cartman Corel
Here's another "Corel" of Cartman. Every single new pose and outfit must be created and approved…
- The AWESOM-O name is a play on ASIMO, the groundbreaking humanoid robot developed by Honda.
- The "AWESOM-O" episode is a fan favorite, and the costume accordingly is, too - Mezco created a collectible AWESOM-O figure in it's South Park figure line.