Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society
Two weeks after the death of Ms. Choksondik, her class is finally called back to school. In the interim, Bebe has begun to develop breasts. This makes her the center of attention for the boys -- and an object of jealousy for the girls. She becomes so popular that Stan, Kyle, and Tweek boot Cartman from their group so they can spend more time with Bebe. They even rally to have her replace Wendy as class president. Bebe, oblivious about the true reason for her popularity, can't understand why the other girls suddenly despise her while the boys can't get enough of her.
The fourth-grade males regress into a primitive, caveman-like state and spend all their time loitering on Bebe's front lawn, waiting for her to venture out. Disgusted by her new magnetism, she comes to school wearing a cardboard box over her clothes.
Free of the tyranny of Bebe's breasts, the boys realize she's just as lame as ever, and that their judgment was clouded by boobs. Just then Wendy (who in a desperate bid for attention underwent breast augmentation surgery) shows up with a huge set of fake knockers. To her amazement, everyone laughs at her.
What I Learned Today
"Having boobs sucks."
- "Part of being a woman is having a friend one day and calling her a slut the next." Mrs. Stevens
- "Yes darling, your breasts have a power that will unleash itself as you get older. They feed off the misery of boys and grow to bring woe wherever they can. You're blossoming into a woman." Mrs. Stevens
- "I heard that her asshole is like THIS big around." Wendy Testaburger
- "God, you guys are SO stupid!!" Wendy Testaburger
- "Making breasts larger is a beautiful and wonderful thing. Making them smaller is insane." Dr. Hallis
- "I know you think this set of boobs is important now, but those boobs will be replaced by another set of boobs. Boobs will come and go. And then someday, you'll meet a pair of boobs that you want to marry. And those become the boobs that matter most." Randy Marsh
- "Eww They're all hard and oogy!" Butters
This is the first time we meet Bebe's mother and Wendy's mother. Also, Francis and Bradley (two 4th grade boys), along with Red and Esther (two 4th grade girls), get their speaking debuts. Dr. Hallis, the plastic surgeon responsible for Wendy's breast implants, is introduced as well.
Two space shuttle astronauts who crash land in South Park, only to find themselves face-to-face with the boys acting like apes. Unwilling to live in such a world, they shoot themselves.
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
It's basically an observation about the ridiculous amount of time boys spend thinking about boobs. The South Park kids are obsessed with breasts without realizing they're obsessed with them.
Pop Culture References
At the beginning of the episode, Cartman is reenacting a scene from The Silence of the Lambs in which he lowers a bottle of lotion to his doll, Polly Prissy Pants, at the bottom of a hole. He even gets Bebe to play "Lambs" with him.
When the astronaut's space shuttle crashes amid the group of ape-like boys, this is an homage to the epic film Planet of the Apes.
Among the toys in Cartman's basement are a Chinpoko Mon, Mega Man, and his Big Wheel tricycle (notoriously seen in "Cartoon Wars Part I").
Tweek is shocked when he learns that "Cartman likes to play with dolls" (which he's seen doing in his basement this episode). However, the rest of the boys learned all about his doll-themed playtime in "Cartman's Mom's A Dirty Slut."
Despite the fact that she's 8 years old, Wendy undergoes graphic and bloody breast augmentation surgery. It rivals anything you've seen on The Discovery Channel. We see the whole messy ordeal, complete with the Doctor screaming, "Get in there, you bitch!!" while punching a silicon implant under her skin.
- e1 Freak Strike
- e2 Jared Has Aides
- e3 Asspen
- e4 The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer
- e5 Fun with Veal
- e6 Professor Chaos (episode)
- e7 The Simpsons Already Did It
- e8 Red Hot Catholic Love
- e9 Free Hat
- e10 Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society
- e11 Child Abduction is Not Funny
- e12 A Ladder to Heaven
- e13 The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
- e14 The Death Camp of Tolerance
- e15 The Biggest Douche in the Universe
- e16 My Future Self 'n' Me
- e17 Red Sleigh Down