Cartman's mom attends a meteor shower viewing party at Mr. Mackey's house, leaving her son in the care of Stan's sister, Shelly. She verbally and physically abuses Cartman, then invites over her 22-year-old boyfriend, Skyler. Cartman, enraged, takes a photo of the two of them making out and tries to smuggle it to his mom by tying it to his cat, Kitty, and tossing her out a window. However, Kitty immediately returns to the front door of the house, where Shelly intercepts the photo.
But his cat has problems of her own. In heat and looking for a mate, she escapes the house and wanders South Park. She finally locates a group of interested males, who all attempt to "service" her at the same time.
Back at the house, Shelly allows Cartman out of his room to watch the meteor shower. But Skyler gets angry when Shelly (who is, after all, 12) won't put out, and breaks up with her. Distraught, she turns to Cartman for help. The two go to Skyler's house, where Cartman lures him outdoors while Shelly destroys his cherished guitar.
When the two return home they discover Kitty and her "friends" in the midst of a cat orgy. Skyler shows up seeking revenge, but Cartman dusts him with catnip, causing the hoard of felines to attack him. Cartman's mom returns before the orgy-related mess is cleaned up, but is too drunk to notice.
What I Learned Today
It's kind of cool that two people who hated each other can be friends."
- "You're a stinking, dried-up, stupid turd. Got it?" Shelly Marsh
- "As far as turds go, you're okay." Shelly Marsh
- "Wild Wild West! Yo! A wiki wiki scratch! A wiki wiki scratch!!" Cartman
- "And if he gets cranky just play Tummy Rub-Rubs with him. And make sure he wipes good after he makes bears." Liane Cartman
- "Dude, that's not cool." Cartman
- "I cherish you. Almost as much as I cherish my guitar." Skyler Morse
- "Luckily for us my mom is a total lush." Cartman
Skyler and his bandmates (Mark on the drums and Jonesey on bass) make their rocking debut. Mark can actually be seen partying in background of "Clubhouses" with his signature Zildjian shirt, but isn't introduced until here. All three band members will join forces with Timmy to form the super-group Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld in "Timmy 2000".
Nobody. Kenny didn't appear in this episode.
Cartman and Clyde Frog's hip hop rendition of "Wild Wild West" from this episode is one of South Park's all-time classics. Also, Skyler's band plays the hard-rockin' tune "Shelly", as well as the happy-go-lucky song "Turds", on which Shelly steps in to sing lead vocals.
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
This episode is the first of three stories that all take place on the same night, each involving a different set of characters. Called the Meteor Shower Trilogy, it was born of expediency. The team was exhausted after working for so long on both the series and the South Park movie, and decided to do a three-parter to close out their production obligations so they could take a well-needed rest. In the middle of the trilogy, they realized that doing three intertwined episodes wasn't the easiest way to go.
Pop Culture References
Cartman watches the movie Aliens, mimicking the line "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." Shelly turns of Aliens to instead watch Friends. Also, when Cartman takes a picture of Skyler and Shelly making out, he shouts "Ha ha, charade you are!" It's a line from the Pink Floyd song "Pigs (Three Different Ones)".
Wild Animal World, a TV show featuring live-action footage of lions having sex, is a parody of the many Discovery Channel and National Geographic-type shows that document the beauty of .animals having sex.
The show contains numerous references to Wild Wild West, a movie starring Will Smith and Selma Hayek released on the same weekend as Bigger, Longer & Uncut. In fact, Cartman reenacts the movie with his stuffed animals: Clyde Frog (referred to as "Artimus Clyde Frog") plays U.S. Marshall Artemus Gordon, Cartman plays James West, Polly Prissypants plays Selma Hayek, and Rumpletumskin is Dr. Loveless. Selma Hayek gets most of the attention, however, with Clyde Frog saying, "If we save her, I'm going to take off her pants and play slip and slide."
- The grotesquely fat orange-and-black tomcat that Kitty tries to mate with in an alley looks an awful lot like Garfield.
- Polly Prissypants, while "playing" Selma Hayek, says that she needs to "eat some tacos and burritos. Mi gusta tacos mucho." This eloquent portrayal of Mexican culture will be used again by Cartman's hand (as J-Lo) in "Fat Butt and Pancake Head".
- Shelly's babysitting rates (especially her use of the term "golden time") is a subtle joke that references pay rates for Union workers in the entertainment business.
- Cartman gets an atomic wedgie three separate times in this episode.
- This episode contains the first use of Wellington Bear - seen here on Cartman's Speak-and-Record toy. Wellington's happy bear face can be seen on Cartman's clothes and toys in future episodes.
Mr. Kitty's Sex Change
In this episode, Mr. Kitty is a much-sought-after female cat “in heat” — and proceeds to partake in a pretty epic orgy. Then in “Major Boobage”, we learn that male cats are the only ones who can “spray out the concentrated urine” needed for cheesing… Which would mean Mr. Kitty is somehow a male cat..
- e1 Rainforest Shmainforest
- e2 Spontaneous Combustion
- e3 The Succubus
- e4 Tweek vs. Craig
- e5 Jakovasaurs
- e6 Sexual Harassment Panda
- e7 Cat Orgy
- e8 Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
- e9 Jewbilee
- e10 Chinpoko Mon
- e11 Starvin' Marvin in Space
- e12 Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
- e13 Hooked on Monkey Fonics
- e14 The Red Badge of Gayness
- e15 Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
- e16 Are You There, God? It's Me, Jesus
- e17 World Wide Recorder Concert