Stan and Kyle are psyched to have Wendy and Bebe visit their clubhouse for a game of Truth or Dare, but first they have to build one.
Stan and Kyle build a tree house so they can play Truth or Dare with Wendy and Bebe who has a crush on Kyle. Kyle doesn't reciprocate, but goes along with the plan when Stan says they can make the girls "eat bugs." When Cartman and Kenny hear of the scheme, they construct their own insanely elaborate pre-fab structure called the Ewok Village 2000 Deluxe Club House Kit. Not surprisingly, Kenny does all the work because he's poor.
As the two structures go up, the marriage of Stan's parents, Randy and Sharon, falls apart. They divorce and Sharon takes up with a guy named Roy who moves into the family home. Stan and Roy's relationship quickly goes south.
Cartman and Kenny finish their clubhouse first and use it to attract two older female runaways. They host a huge party, during which Kenny dies in a mosh pit mishap. Stan and Kyle finally get their own clubhouse online finished (in spite of not being allowed to use nails) and invite Bebe and Wendy over. Wendy dares Kyle to kiss Bebe on the lips. He does it, then freaks out and flees.
Bebe breaks up with Kyle and takes up with Clyde. They play Truth or Dare again with Stan and Wendy. Stan picks dare, but instead of being asked to kiss Wendy, she tells him to "Take this twig and jam it up your pee hole."
Randy and Sharon reconcile, and wind up making sweet love in Stan's tree house. Roy spends the interlude hanging from a tree in a bear trap.
What I Learned Today
"Wow. Clubhouses are magical."
- "That's fine! I LIKE playing with myself!! I'll play with myself all day long!!" (Eric Cartman)
- "Don't lie, Stan. Lying makes you sterile." (Mr. Garrison)
- "Now Stanley, you have to understand how divorce works. When I say, 'You're the most important thing to me,' what I mean is, you're the most important thing after me and my happiness and my new romances." (Sharon Marsh)
- "Wow, cartoon's are getting really dirty." (Kyle Broflovski)
- "I'd like to live with you and wear your ass as a hat for all eternity." (Stan Marsh)
Roy, Sharon's new bearded boyfriend.
The leader of the sixth graders can be seen partying at Cartman's clubhouse. Though he is just a background character here, he and his classmates eventually become antagonists featured in episodes such as "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery", "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers", and "Pre-School".
Behind The Scenes
Pop Culture References
Banned from watching Terrance and Phillip, Stan instead tunes to Fat Abbot, a foul-mouthed takeoff on Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids, the 1970's animated series by comedian Bill Cosby.
During one episode, Fat Abbot says "You punk ass blasphemous dope fiend bitch!" The line is from the 1991 crime film New Jack City.
During a lecture about the history of television ratings, Mr. Garrison calls out Stan for not paying attention, but Stan is able to guess what Garrison said anyway: "Even though Charo appeared twelve times on The Love Boat, the episode with Captain and Tenille got higher ratings." Musician Charo made guest appearances only eight times, while the pop duo Captain & Tenille never even guest starred on the show.
After he sends Kenny off to score chicks, Cartman pleads with his mom to watch the sports entertainment game show American Gladiators.
The song playing as Kenny is killed in the mosh pit is "Piece of Meat" by the band Dr. Know.
Cartman's design for a tree house is called the "Ewok Village 2000 Deluxe Club House Kit w/Elevator". It is named after the Ewoks from the Star Wars franchise, and is modeled after the huts they lived in as depicted in the film Return of the Jedi.
Bill Cosby, portrayed during the cartoon Fat Abbot as a doddering Jell-O pudding salesman. Bill Cosby used to be a spokesperson for Jell-O pudding advertisements.
Cartman mentions The Love Boat was revived but failed most likely because of actor Robert Urich's poor acting. The revival aired for only one year.
- This is the first episode in which Stan doesn't throw up in Wendy's presence.
- One of the runaways staying in Cartman's clubhouse wears a D.V.D.A. t-shirt. It is the name of Matt and Trey's band (an acronym for the sexual act Double Vaginal Double Anal) and their songs have been featured in several South Park episodes.
- Randy and Sharon get divorced, but they get back together at the end of the episode. They divorce briefly again in "You're Getting Old".
- Another person partying at Cartman's clubhouse appears to be the drummer Jonesy from Skyler Morse's band in "Cat Orgy" and "Timmy 2000"
- This episode is the only time Cartman says the iconic catchphrase "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"
- e1 Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus
- e2 Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut
- e3 Chickenlover
- e4 Ike's Wee Wee
- e5 Conjoined Fetus Lady
- e6 The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka
- e7 City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)
- e8 Summer Sucks
- e9 Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls
- e10 Chickenpox
- e11 Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods
- e12 Clubhouses
- e13 Cow Days
- e14 Chef Aid
- e12 Spookyfish
- e13 Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!
- e14 Gnomes
- e15 Prehistoric Ice Man