|Aliases||A.W.E.S.O.M.-O 4000, The Coon*|
|Religion||Roman Catholic, Former Blaintologist|
|Voiced by||Trey Parker|
|First Appearance||The Spirit of Christmas (Jesus vs. Frosty)|
Although his full name is Eric Theodore Cartman, he's usually referred to only by his last name (Cartman). He's one of the main characters in South Park, along with Kyle Broflovski (his frequent rival), Stan Marsh, and Kenny McCormick.
Cartman is the fat, self-centered asshole in the group, often concocting schemes to make money and/or procure Colonel's chicken. He absolutely hates Kyle, despises hippies, and can't stand Family Guy. But he does have a soft spot for Mel Gibson, his stuffed animal Clyde Frog, and cats (especially his own cat, Mr. Kitty).
After years of trying to discover who his real father is, he recently found out that he's the illegitimate son of Jack Tenorman, making Scott Tenorman his half-brother...and making him largely responsible for killing his own parents.
Cartman also moonlights as the infamous superhero The Coon. He originally joined forces with the boys to form Coon and Friends, but when they all turned against him, he teamed up with the Dark Lord Cthulhu.
- "Screw you guys, I’m going home!"
- "No kitty! Bad Kitty!!" (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe)
- "Yea I want Cheesy Poofs!" (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe)
- "No Kitty, this is MY pot pie!!!" (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe)
- "BEEFCAKE!!" (Weight Gain 4000)
- "I'll kick you in the nuts!!" (An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig)
- "I’m not fat! I’m festively plump!" (Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo)
- "There's so much to do at Cartmanlaaaaaand, but you can't come! Especially you, Stan and Kyle." (Cartmanland)
- “Oh si, si, si…” (Fat Butt and Pancake Head)
- "CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!" (Cripple Fight)
- "Do you like it? Do you like it, Scott? I call it Mr. and Mrs. Tenorman chili." (Scott Tenorman Must Die)
- "Nya nya nya nya NYAAAA nya! I made you eat your par-ents! Nya nya nya nya NYAAAA nya!" (Scott Tenorman Must Die)
- "Oh, let me taste your tears, Scott! Mmmm, your tears are so yummy and sweet." (Scott Tenorman Must Die)
- "BUT THEY SAID I CANT BE IN THEIR CLUB!" (Krazy Kripples)
- "I’m not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body." (Grey Dawn)
- "They're not PEOPLE, they're HIPPIES!!!" (Die Hippie, Die)
- "He's a Jewish Dolphin... A Jewphin." (Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina)
- "HOW DO I REEEEECH THESE KEEEEEDS!?!?!?!?" (Eek, A Penis!)
- "DA FUCK!" (Fatbeard)
- "“Kyle, that's the way the world works! If you wanna find some quality friends, you gotta wade through all the dicks first!”" (You Have 0 Friends)
- "I cannot offer you or your child any CASH. I CAN however... Offer you a little bit of crack." (Crack Baby Athletic Association)
- "Boooooo. Boo Wendy. Boo Wendy Testaburger. Boo." (Informative Murder Porn)
- "Uh trust me, he's not fat and unimportant. I think we need to change his status to ripped and sweet." (Let Go, Let Gov)
- “They don't salute in Game of Thrones, Butters.” (Black Friday)
- "Boner Balls B-Boner Forest Dense Boner Forest." (Go Fund Yourself)
- "Sitting On Our Asses Here We Come." (Go Fund Yourself)
- "Fuck I want pancakes..." (Gluten free Ebola)
- "CARTMAN BRAAAAAH!" (REHASH)
- "Speak Through the hood KENNY!" (REHASH)
- "Poor people tend to live in clusters"
- "Real guitars are for old people"
- "Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it"
- "I'm gonna spend my whole childhood eating what I want and doin' drugs when I want! WHATEVER! I will do what I want!"
- "Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least $8"
- "Everyone knows that only poor people get lice"
- "We're in this together, Craig! If Butters tells on us then we're gonna tell on you. That's the Ninja code"
- "I wasn't saying anything about their culture. I was just saying their city smells like ass"
- "Vote for TURD SANDWICH. This is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF YOU LIFE. Turd Sandwich brings the hope for change. A vote for Turd Sandwich is a vote for tomorrow"
- "Remember Bill Beelicheck. Head coach of the New England Patriots. He’s won three super bowls. How? He cheated. He even got caught cheating and nobody cared! He proved that in America, it’s aright to cheat, as long as you cheat your way to the top”
- "God bless those men that fight for their freedom. God bless those men AND GOD BLESS the CONFEDERACY”
- "I’d rather us be Chinese than A NATION OF UNETHICAL DICK SHOOTERS. Think about it”
- "Heaven could be like the pixie fairies of Bubble Yum™ Forest. You only see them if you really believe in them”
- "Don’t be sad, Butters. What waits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and then thousand dollars cash.”
- "I’ve sometimes looked at people with disabilities as people God put here on earth for my amusement.”
- "This just goes to show that hard work doesn’t pay off. I’m going to be a homeless drug addict from now on!”
- "Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you’re a hippie and hippie suck.”
- "These are what we call giggling stoners. Pretty common form of hippie usually found in the attics. Problem is, if you see one hippie, there’s probably a whole lot more you’re not seeing”
- "It’s a man’s obligation to stick his boneration in a woman’s separation. This sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation”
- "Okay, our mission failed but we learned a lot. Primarily that girls do not have balls”
- Cartman Gets an Anal Probe (s01e01)
- Weight Gain 4000 (s01e02)
- An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig (s01e05)
- Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo (s01e10)
- Cartman's Mom Is A Dirty Slut (s1e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- Clubhouses (s02e12)
- Merry Christmas Charlie Manson (s02e16)
- Hooked on Monkey Fonics (s03e13)
- The Red Badge of Gayness (s03e14)
- Cartman’s Silly Hate Crime 2000 (s04e01)
- Cartman Joins NAMBLA (s04e06)
- Fourth Grade (s04e11)
- Scott Tenorman Must Die (s05e01)
- Cartmanland (s05e06)
- Freak Strike (s06e01)
- Fat Butt and Pancake Head (s07e05)
- Casa Bonita (s07e11)
- Good Times With Weapons (s08e01)
- AWESOM-O (s08e02)
- Cartman’s Incredible Gift (s08e13)
- Die Hippie, Die (s09e02)
- The Death of Eric Cartman (s09e06)
- Cartoon Wars Part I (s10e03)
- Make Love, Not Warcraft (s10e08)
- Eek, A Penis! (s12e05)
- Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09)
- The Coon (s13e02)
- You Have 0 Friends (s14e04)
- Fatbeard (s13e07)
- Poor and Stupid (s14e08)
- Coon 2: Hindsight (s14e11)
- Crack Baby Athletic Association (s15e05)
- 1% (s15e12)
- The Poor Kid (s15e14)
- Jewpacabra (s16e04)
- Cartman Finds Love (s16e07)
- World War Zimmerman (s17e03)
- Let Go, Let Gov (s17e01)
- Black Friday (s17e07)
- A Song of Ass and Fire (s17e08)
- Titties and Dragons (s17e09)
- Go Fund Yourself (s18e01)
- The Cissy (s18e03)
- The Magic Bush (s18e05)
- Grounded Vindaloop(s18e07)
- #REHASH (s18e09)
- #HappyHolograms (s18e10)
Eric Cartman is a playable characters in the XBLA game, South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play!.
- Special Attack - Cartman calls down an airstrike causing explosions to occur around the play field.
Noble and mighty, the Wizard King commands all humans of Zaron! He has harnessed the power of farts and will lay waste to any enemy who crosses him. Such is the power of a Wizard and King. Cartman is the Grand Wizard of the Kingdom of Kupa Keep and a master of the arcane and the profane. Cartman wields tremendous magical power—his ass and mouth are both capable of devastating spells.
- Burning Cloud - Cartman ignites his flatulence, with explosive results.
- Flame Strike - Cartman sprays the first two foes in a row with fire. Targets start burning if done perfectly.
- Magic Missile - Hits the target with a powerful magic missile.
- Curse - Cartman activates his v-chip and curses up a storm of electricity
against a single target.
Behind The Scenes
Below is a selection of kick-ass behind the scenes content, exclusively from South Park:
"Parachute" Production Art
This is some old-school production art used while developing the parachute look for Towelie and the boys. The notes are there to give animators cues on which color textures to use while animating.
"Let Go, Let Gov" (1701)
Where'd The Idea Come From: "Cartman on Speakerphone"
The speakerphone idea really kicked off when Trey did an imitation of how the Kardashians talk on their cell phones.
"World War Zimmerman" (1703)
Fist Bump: Storyboard
After the script is written, the first step in our production process is creating storyboards. Here's a "board" of the fist bump scene, before it was animated bro.
Hip Hop Cartman: Character Design
Our art department created this special hip hop outfit for Cartman. You can see it in action during his "I Was Not The Bullet" presentation.