Cartman is shipped off to Hopeful Hills Children's Weight Management Center to lose a few pounds. Instead of following the program, he hires a kid from a nearby drug rehab center to go home and pretend to be a slimmed-down version of himself. The kid smuggles junk food to him, which he sells to the other camp inmates.
Meanwhile, Kenny (egged on by Stan and Kyle) becomes a celebrity by doing hideously disgusting stunts, including eating dog poop and consuming his own vomit. Soon he gets his own TV show, The Krazy Kenny Show. It features him performing more "crazy" acts for cash, like washing his hair in battery acid and giving his grandfather a full-body sensual massage. He even gets his own pay-per-view special, on which he plans to crawl into Ms. Crabtree's uterus and stay there for six hours.
However he's arrested for prostitution (specifically, for giving Howare Stern a "bj" for $10) and can't make the show.
Stan and Kyle unmask the fake Cartman and force him to stand in for Kenny on TV. The boy is crushed to death by Ms. Crabtree's uterus, at roughly the same time Cartman's junk food racket is uncovered at the fat camp. All the kids are given another chance to lose weight honestly -- except for Cartman, who is sent home.
What I Learned Today
"We set Kenny up to further and further himself each time, having to always outdo himself. Now he's in jail for being a whore. And perhaps, just perhaps, we are to blame." (This out-of-character show of empathy was what led Kyle to unmask the fake Cartman)
- "Well, I'm pissed off Rick! How are you?" (Cartman)
- "Oh no, kids! It's glutinous fat!" (Rick the fat camp buy)
- "I feel great! I haven't had this much attention paid to my kootch since I was 16!" (Veronica Crabtree)
- "They've kinda killed Kenny's look-alike. You bastards!" (Kyle)
- "Oh, sweetie Those were all just lies. You're just fat." (Liane Cartman)
- "Will somebody put this retard out of his misery?" (Cartman)
- "You know, Kyle, there was a time when your fat jokes would have gotten to me, but now I'm totally slim and totally happy." (Cartman)
- "Dangnabit, children, how come every time you come in here, you gotta be asking me some question I shouldn't be answerin'?!" (Chef)
- "Mr. Candy Bar doesn't judge you, Chad. Mr. Candy bar likes you just the way you are." (Cartman)
- "I told you I was a tight virgin flower!" (Veronica Crabtree)
Rick and Susan, the energetic Fat Camp counselors, as well as a bunch of Fat Camp kids. The Skinny Eric Cartman, and Kenny's grandfather (who receives a sensual massage at the hands of his grandson) also make single-episode cameos.
Cartman's skinny double (dressed as Kenny) gets crushed by Ms. Crabtree's uterus. So does another unnamed child, who slides out at the last minute. Also, an endangered manatee is bludgeoned to death by Ms. Choksondik, so it can be dissected and properly understood.
Chef and James Taylor jam out to the very informative, acoustic guitar duet "Prostitute".
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
The story about Kenny doing disgusting stunts was inspired by the popularity of programs such as Jackass and The Tom Green Show. It was also written around the same time many South Park staff members were accepting money from other South Park staff members to do disgusting things.
Pop Culture References
A scene in which the boys dissect endangered manatees in order to "understand" them is an allusion to the Japanese whaling industry, which regularly makes the case that it wants to kill whales in order to "understand" and "protect" them.
Cartman hums "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" by Michael Buble while he's making a Toaster Pastry Chocolate Mix Butter Bar.
When Chef sings a song to the children explaining what prostitutes do, James Taylor for some reason joins him. During an appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Kenny, Tom Green and Johnny Knoxville are each offered $50,000 to give Stern oral sex. After all three agree -- and continually drop their price to get the "honor" -- Kenny finally "wins" by agreeing to fellate the shock jock for $10.
Butters has an R. Kelly thermos, which Kenny uses to scoop up vomit. We will get to actually meet R. Kelly in "Trapped in the Closet".
The infamous Antonio Banderas love doll, first seen in "Korn's Groovy Pirate Adventure" sits behind Howard Stern when Kenny visits his show.
A lot of people come together for Cartman's intervention: Dr. Doctor, Mrs. Cartman, Mr. Mackey, Mr. Garrison. Stan's Mom and Dad, and Kyle's Mom and Dad. All of whom helped pay to send him to fat camp, except for Garrison who: "just wanted to see the look on his face" when they told him.
Cartman mentions, "When I was in prison, we used to sneak stuff in by hiding it up our ass." This colon-smuggling happened in "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime", where he snuck in a variety of goods, including Disneyland. There's a scene featuring college students at the University of Colorado in this episode. Both Stone and Parker went to college there.
- e1 Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000
- e2 The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000
- e3 Quintuplets 2000
- e4 Timmy 2000
- e5 Pip
- e6 Cartman Joins NAMBLA
- e7 Cherokee Hair Tampons
- e8 Chef Goes Nanners
- e9 Something You Can Do With Your Finger
- e10 Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?
- e11 Probably
- e12 Fourth Grade
- e13 Trapper Keeper
- e14 Helen Keller! The Musical
- e15 Fat Camp
- e16 The Wacky Molestation Adventure
- e17 A Very Crappy Christmas