Harrison "Harris" Yates
Sgt. Harrison "Harris" Yates
|Occupation||Sergeant for Park County Police|
|Voiced by||Trey Parker|
|First Appearance||Christian Rock Hard|
Sgt. Harrison "Harris" Yates is the head of South Park's County Police Department.
What's in a Name?
Although Trey usually calls him Detective Harris in scripts (see below) he was referred to as Sgt. Harrison Yates in "The Jeffersons" during season 8, which was his official name for years and was also used in South Park: The Stick of Truth. Just a few months later he was known as Lou in season 8's "Cartman's Incredible Gift". The name Harris didn't come in on-screen until ten years later in "Cock Magic"; Harris may be a shortened form of Harrison.
- "Nice..." ("Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy")
- "You're right, we're sorry, this IS serious. We need to track this student down and - give him his luckiest boy in America Medal right away!" ("Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy")
- "You really gave my little hole quite a... STRETCH!" ("Butters' Bottom Bitch")
- "Hold on, that's my daddy." ("Butters' Bottom Bitch")
- Christian Rock Hard
- The Jeffersons
- Cartman's Incredible Gift
- Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
- The China Probrem
- The Coon
- Butters' Bottom Bitch
- City Sushi
- Sergeant Yates debuted back in Season 7's "Christian Rock Hard" as member of the FBI.
- He's mentioned having a son in "Cartman's Incredible Gift".
- He's only ever been seen at the same time as Officer Barbrady twice -- season 14's "Medicinal Fried Chicken", and just two episodes later in "200".
Sergeant Yate's Wife
Despite his relatively long stint as a prostitute "Yolanda", yes -- Sergeant Yates is married. His wife, Maggie, debuted back in Season 8's "The Jeffersons".
Behind The Scenes
"Butters' Bottom Bitch" (1309)
1st Scene Written
This was the first scene that was written for "Butters' Bottom Bitch". You'll notice here that -- despite being called Sergeant Yates forever -- Trey usually uses the character name "Detective Harris" when writing.
Using Yates to Create Scale
If you look at this production art used while designing the fraternity cake prop, you'll notice Yates (aka Yolanda) next to the cake. He's there to show scale.