- 1 About
- 2 Memorable Quotes
- 3 Greatest Hits
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend
- 6 Past Love Interest
- 7 Close Friends
- 8 Frenemy
- 9 Affiliations
- 10 Alter Egos
- 11 Permanent Residence
- 12 Favorite Locations
- 13 Featured Episodes
- 14 Video Games
- 15 Bonus Factoids
A member of the Cows Cheerleaders and one of the popular girls in the fourth grade class, Heidi is highly sociable and seems to spend a lot of time following trends along with the other girls. Her social standing is important to her, but insecurity about her reputation can lead her to being judgmental, superficial and even unkind to others. However, Heidi can often be sweet and friendly towards close friends, and even seeks out a new friend when she gives up on social media.
Heidi became angry when her mother insisted that she invite Butters Stotch to her slumber party with the other girls, and lead the other girls in bullying Marjorine when she exhibited strange behavior. She later apologized with the other girls when Marjorine began crying in her bathroom. Heidi has also shown herself willing to throw others under the bus to try to save her reputation after her mother gets an abortion.
Heidi became a target of Skankhunt42's cruelty on the South Park Elementary school message board, and was the first of the girls to sit down during the National Anthem as a result. When her mother supported her decision, she was photoshopped with a penis in her mouth. Distraught, Heidi deleted her Twitter account, and was widely mourned at the school.
She's since been roaming the hallways like a ghost, but eventually finds a kindred spirit in the similarly exiled Eric Cartman, who soon becomes her boyfriend. Their close relationship and Cartman's confidence in her intelligence turns out to be the key to fighting internet trolls and going to Mars. She even developed her own research method known as Emoji Analysis.
- "Here he comes." (Elementary School Musical)
- "I know how you feel, Eric. I know how hard it is when school gets out. With no phone, no human contact." (The Damned)
- "Girls do not have balls, no." (The Damned)
- "I don't even try to be funny." (Wieners Out)
- "I trust you with everything I have." (Oh, Jeez)
After becoming Cartman's girlfriend, Heidi began developing her own catchphrases.
- "I learned that betrayal can actually make your friendships stronger, and it's all thanks to you!"
- "The hardest part is not having any followers. I used to go places just to show them where I was."
- "I'm starting to think that life isn't going to be so bad."
- "Everyone is Special" from Elementary School Musical with various 4th graders.
- "Let's Come Together as a School" from "Douche and a Danish", with Eric Cartman
During season 4, as Marcy, she was depicted with two generic background characters as parents - when her father, Steven Turner, took issue with her role in Cartman's Church, he was killed and sent to Hell, much to the horror of Marcie's then-mother. Throughout her background appearances, she continued to be depicted with different parents.
She is not directly related to Tommy Turner or Powder Turner, who were portrayed as siblings in "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics". She isn't directly related to Billy Turner either. She also had a dog named Robby that died in "Helen Keller! The Musical" after being run over by a car.
In "Marjorine", recast as Heidi Turner, she was depicted with two new parents - a muscular blonde man and a woman with reddish hair. This set of parents has remained consistent on the show and made a number of background appearances, such as at town and school meetings. When Heidi becomes the target of trolling, her mother defends her from Skankhunt42... so the troll photoshops a dick in Mrs. Turner's mouth.
Though most fans simply consider this a continuity error, some fans speculate that her mother remarried, and possibly changed her appearance.
Eric Cartman has a surprising history with Heidi Turner that goes back quite a while.
When Cartman began to lead a Church in South Park at the end of the kids' third grade year, he attracted the attention of kids far and wide throughout the town, and among his mass of devoted followers was a little girl named 'Marcy'. Her dedication to the Church and it's maverick ways would lead to her father's death... but it would turn out to be a get-rich-quick scheme gone horribly wrong anyway.
Heidi and Cartman were later partnered for the fourth grade egg project and despite a mutual dissatisfaction with the intial choices, the two took care of their egg, seemed to mostly get along in the end, and when Cartman damaged the egg, he asked Mrs. Garrison to give Heidi a better grade... while it's probably in hopes of averaging it for both of them, it's altruistic by Cartman standards. On a similar note, recieving a full four days of detention from PC Principal for referring to Heidi as "clitty litter" was, surprisingly, enough to temporarily break Cartman's spirit for misbehavior at school.
When the girls were harassed online by a troll named skankhunt42, Heidi was the first to openly accuse Cartman of being behind it despite his attempts to defuse the situation. The troll's continued abuse eventually drove Heidi over the edge when she tragically quit Twitter... but the two later struck up an unlikely friendship when Cartman was forced to leave Twitter as well. Heidi reached out to him, and they began to spend time together, becoming friens and mutual "followers", with their favorite places being the park and McDonald's. She apologized for her earlier accusations, and they bonded over their lack of social media, how hilarious women are, and how well sweet n' sour sauce goes with french fries.
When Cartman expressed confusion at what lies at the bottom of a vagina, Heidi offered to show him, and the experience of seeing her in the dark with a flashlight triggered a spritual awakening for Cartman involving visions of human beings colonizing Mars, and they officially became boyfriend and girlfriend. The two of them constantly held hands, complimented each other, hung out together, went out to eat, referred to each other by pet names like "boo" or "babe", traded gifts, defended each other in public, and even kissed each other on the lips and wore various matching outfits, much to the disgust and disbelief of their classmates and former friends. Their respective departures from social media brought both of them happiness while also keeping them out of the brutal gender war taking place at their school. Despite Cartman's difficulty of his honesty towards Heidi, he has vowed to do the best he can to make both of them happy.
They tried to use their newfound joy to fight internet trolling by helping TrollTrace, and bring peace to the school, but their relationship came under threat when Kyle reminded Cartman about TrollTrace's capability to expose private comments he'd made to Butters Stotch months earlier, complaining about the new Ghostbusters reboot and declaring women weren't funny. After the election of the new President came to scare them, a fearful Cartman convinced Heidi that they could reach Mars, and be happy without social media or internet once again, until they reach SpaceX and run into Butters, who comes to intensify Cartman's fears by complimenting Heidi's sense of humor and recounting his own failed relationship with Charlotte as well as his past relationship with Lexus.
After Heidi began working to solve the complex mathematical equations preventing Elon Musk and SpaceX from reaching Mars, Cartman experiencing terrifying new visions where men on Mars are enslaved and milked for their semen and their jokes. While Cartman's confidence in her leads to Heidi's ability to discover the solution to an energy source for space travel, he becomes convinced Heidi, and all women, are not only not funny but conspiring against them. Cartman continues to lie to Heidi as he, Butters, Kyle Broflovski and the President work to re-route the energy source to destroy TrollTrace. They returned home to South Park, with Heidi planting a kiss on his cheek none the wiser, but Cartman appeared to retain his newfound skepticism and misogyny towards her. Judging by how Cartman still cares for Heidi, that skepticism and misogyny towards her may disappear in Season 21.
Due to Heidi's more judgmental behavior, some fans have felt she formed a female compliment to Cartman in some of her later appearances. Although the two did not interact directly during Heidi's Slumber Party and re-introduction, she was judgmental towards "Marjorine", leading the other girls in making fun of her, although she soon regets her actions and apologizes. She also frames her friend Allie Nelson as a "two-faced bitch" in "The Stick of Truth" and owns to the label when exposed, thinking it feeds her social life in a positive way. Neither character's negative traits have shown up since they gave up social media. They've become better people, together.
Past Love Interest
Like most of the girls, she exhibited a notable attraction to Bridon Gueermo, whether he's singing or playing basketball, singing part of his debut song. ("Here he comes!")
Heidi is friendly with many of the girls, particularly the Cows Cheerleaders, but has not been shown to be particularly close to any of them individually. She invites most of them to her sleepover party, though she expresses displeasure at having to host the not-invited Marjorine. She seems somewhat extroverted as many of her interactions involving a larger number of other female characters.
When Heidi disappeared from social media, many of her classmates were disappointed, but Bebe seemed the most upset, holding back tears. When all her friends saw her with Eric Cartman, both them and the boys were very shocked to see her with someone like Cartman.
While Cartman is her boyfriend, Heidi has gotten along with some of his friends. Stan once borrowed glue from her one time. Kyle praises her Emoji Analysis and uses that knowledge to find out SkankHunt42's real identity. Even Butters tried getting along with her, even though Cartman thought he was stealing her from him. However, Butters is no longer interested in girlfriends. Even Elon Musk was interested in her humor and intelligence.
Kind of like Kyle and Cartman, Heidi has a friend/foe-mixed relationship with Allie Nelson. (see 'About' and 'Boyfriend' for more information)
Heidi is a member of both the Pleases and Sparkles Club, Cows Cheerleaders team, and the Cows' Girls Volleyball, along with many of her friends such as Wendy Testaburger, Bebe Stevens, Red, Annie Knitts, and Nichole Daniels. She is the first member of the Volleyball Team to protest the National Anthem when she is trolled along with the other girls. Some of the other groups that she's in included her future boyfriend, Eric Cartman.
In keeping with Cartman's tradition of special, bizzare costumes, he often makes similarly matching costumes for himself and his girlfriend, Heidi, so that they can draw special attention to their new relationship.
Heidi's house was first seen in "Marjorine", where she was holding a slumber party in her basement with most of her close friends (see above). Her home appeared more frequently in Season 20. Her home life has not been portrayed otherwise, at least not yet.
After Heidi quits social media, she begins to spend a lot of time at the local park, the only place she can socialize freely after school. She soon invites Cartman to join her, often meeting him at the park bench. When he offers to follow her, they get lunch together at McDonald's.
Most of Heidi's appearances in South Park were as a background character with occasional speaking roles. She played a major role in Season 20, which changed her role status.
- Rainforest Shmainforest (s03e01; debut cameo)
- Tweek vs. Craig (s03e05; cameo; debut with brown hair)
- Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? (s04e09)
- Probably (s04e10; first identified as Marcy)
- Helen Keller! The Musical (s04e14)
- Proper Condom Use (s05e07)
- Douche and Turd (s08e08)
- Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset (s08e12)
- Marjorine (s09e09; first identified as Heidi Turner)
- Follow That Egg! (s09e10)
- The List (s11e14)
- Elementary School Musical (s12e13)
- A Scause For Applause (s16e13; featured and prominently mentioned)
- The Hobbit (s17e10)
- Stunning and Brave (s19e01; featured and prominently mentioned)
- Member Berries (s20e01)
- Skank Hunt (s20e02; debut with hat)
- The Damned (s20e03)
- Wieners Out (s20e04)
- Douche and a Danish (s20e05)
- Fort Collins (s20e06)
- Oh, Jeez (s20e07)
- Members Only (s20e08)
- Not Funny (s20e09)
- The End of Serialization as We Know It (s20e10)
Here are some examples of Heidi's most infamous background appearances...
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02, cameo)
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (cameo)
- Hooked on Monkey Phonics (s03e13, cameo)
- Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (s03e15, cameo)
- Cartman’s Silly Hate Crime 2000 (s04e01, cameo)
- Scott Tenorman Must Die (s05e04, cameo)
- Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society (s06e10, cameo)
- It's Christmas in Canada (s07e15, cameo)
- AWESOM-O (s08e02, cameo)
- Erection Day (s09e07, cameo)
- Bloody Mary (s09e14, cameo)
- Cartoon Wars Part I (s10e03, cameo)
- Le Petit Tourette (s11e08, cameo)
- Eek, A Penis! (s12e05, cameo)
- Super Fun Time (s12e07, cameo)
- Breast Cancer Show Ever (s12e09, cameo)
- The Ring (s13e01, cameo)
- Eat, Pray, Queef (s13e04, cameo)
- Insheeption (s14e10, cameo)
- Funnybot (s15e02, cameo)
- T.M.I. (s15e04, cameo)
- Bass to Mouth (s15e10, cameo)
- Reverse Cowgirl (s16e01, cameo)
- Cash For Gold (s16e02, cameo)
- Faith Hilling (s16e03, cameo)
- Jewpacabra (s16e04, cameo)
- Butterballs (s16e05, cameo)
- Cartman Finds Love (s16e07, cameo)
- Raising the Bar (s16e09, cameo)
- Let Go, Let Gov (s17e01, cameo)
- World War Zimmerman (s17e03, cameo)
- Taming Strange (s17e05, cameo)
- Ginger Cow (s17e06, cameo)
- Gluten Free Ebola (s18e02, cameo)
- The City Part of Town (s19e03, cameo)
During the "Recruit the Girls" quest, the player encounters Heidi at the girls' secret base for the Pleases and Sparkles Club. The player is assigned to discover who the secret "two-faced bitch" in the club who framed Allie Nelson is and must go on a convoluted journey to uncover the truth... the "two-faced bitch" eventually revealed to be Heidi, as the translated abortion records reveal that her mother had been to the abortion clinic. However, the girls soon forgive her since she's really sorry, and she adds Douchebag on Facebook.
- In her early appearances during season 3, she has black hair instead of her usual mousy brown. The mousy brown look debuts in "Tweek vs. Craig".
- Despite being one of the most prominent of the girls, her appearances in the background dwindled between seasons 11 and "The Hobbit".
- Both she and Karen McCormick, Kenny's sister, used a similar character model for years; it wasn't until season 19 that Karen began to wear hairclips, and shortly later, Heidi got her new hat.
- Throughout season 20, Heidi was starting to become more like Wendy Testaburger like becoming very smart and wearing a hat just like her. It should also be note that both girls' boyfriends (Stan and Cartman) are voiced by Trey Parker.
- Heidi's new hat can be symbolized as her transition from a recurring minor character to a more major recurring female character like Wendy.
- Heidi is one of the only regular characters voiced by Jessica Makinson, often credited as Jessie Jo Thomas, along with Henrietta Biggle, who joined the show in season 7.
- In earlier appearances, it is assumed Heidi was voiced by voice actress Eliza J. Schneider, who also portrayed the lab assistant of the title character of the children's scientific educational television series, Beakman's World, during that show's second and third seasons.
- Like Butters and Jimmy, Heidi is one of the few students to refer to Cartman by his first name 'Eric', beginning with "The Damned".
- Similar to Craig, Tweek, and Kenny, Heidi Turner's hair color is not the same as either of her parents'.