While camping at Stark's Pond, the boys glimpse a strange creature which Jimbo and Ned help capture. Representatives from the Department of the Interior soon arrive and announce that it is a female "Jakovasaur" -- a rare species thought to be extinct. The townspeople, hoping the female can be used to rebuild the breed, name it Hope -- in spite of the fact that the Jakovasaur, which can talk, says that its name is Jun-Jun. Soon a male Jakovasaur named Jakov is located, and the two are given their own home in South Park. Dr Mephesto artificially inseminates Jun-Jun, and the community is overrun by baby Jakovasaurs. The creatures turn out to be incredibly annoying -- to everyone but Cartman, who finds them hilarious. The townspeople get rid of the Jakovasaurs by having them play a rigged game show offering a trip to France for the winner and 50 of his closest relatives. The entire Jakovasaur crew is bundled onto a plane and sent to France, where they quickly gain Jerry Lewis-like fame.
What I Learned Today
"Animal species come and go. It's all part of natural evolution."
- "I hate you guys / You guys are assholes / Especially Kenny / I hate him the most." (Cartman's song "I Hate You Guys")
- "God, I'm glad you guys know all these pooping outside rules." (Cartman)
- "Oh come on. You all know that pigeon was a total slut." (Mr. Garrison)
- "Jakovasaurs kind of piss me off, m'kay?" (Mr. Mackey)
- "Cool beans!" (Jakov)
- "I have semen? Where's their boat??" (Jakov)
- "Jakov please don't go. You make everything in South Park fun." (Cartman)
- "I guess he finally found something that's as annoying as he is." (Stan)
The Jakovasaurs -- loud, obnoxious woodland creatures that were thought to be extinct. Also, three Department of the Interior Guys make a cameo.
Kenny, eaten by a bear while impersonating a deer.
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
The program was a critique of the character Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. Matt and Trey hated the movie in general and Jar Jar in particular. They wanted to make the Jakovasaurs the most irritating characters in television history. However, they feel the finished product still isn't as annoying as Jar Jar.
Pop Culture References
Originally Matt and Trey wanted to do a bit blasting Jar Jar for the MTV Music Awards, but the network didn't go for it. So they did an entire episode of South Park instead.
They parody cheesy 90s sitcoms with "JAKOVASAURS", a fake sitcom starring the Jakov family complete with laugh tracks and canned applause. Within this "sitcom", they joke on MTV: after hearing that something strange had happened, Jakov quickly responds, "You mean MTV played a video that WASN'T Will Smith?!"
Mr. Garrison refers to Chubby Checker as a member of the Beatles.
Cartman's home address is plainly visible on his backpack, which reads: 21208 E. Bonanza Circle, South Park, CO.
This is the one episode in which Ned doesn't have his normal voice box. He burp-talks a majority of the time, and also tries out an Irish voice box, as well as a "sucky" one.
We learn a lot about Jackovauars here: they don't have genitals, they only take 4 days to have babies (which come in huge litters), and they're really, really annoying. Also, Cartman absolutely loves them even more than he loves ice cream.
We saw her on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine in "Pinkeye", but here we actually see Cartman's mom being a crack whore.
Cartman is made an honorary "Department of the Interior Person" and given official authori-tah over South Park's fish and wildlife.
- e1 Rainforest Shmainforest
- e2 Spontaneous Combustion
- e3 The Succubus
- e4 Tweek vs. Craig
- e5 Jakovasaurs
- e6 Sexual Harassment Panda
- e7 Cat Orgy
- e8 Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
- e9 Jewbilee
- e10 Chinpoko Mon
- e11 Starvin' Marvin in Space
- e12 Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
- e13 Hooked on Monkey Fonics
- e14 The Red Badge of Gayness
- e15 Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
- e16 Are You There, God? It's Me, Jesus
- e17 World Wide Recorder Concert