One of the most well-known and admired names in Football history, John Elway was the Denver Broncos' quarterback from 1984 to 1999, including as a member of the legendary 1989 Denver Broncos, alongside right tackle Jack Tenorman. The boys, especially Stan Marsh worship him, and his statue in the park emerges a god-like figure known as "The Provider" when the parents leave town for a few days. The only boy who's met him personally for sure is Butters Stotch, although at one point in one of Stan's dreams, he appeared as Eric Cartman's REAL father.
- Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo (s01e10)
- Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks) (s02e07)
- The Wacky Molestation Adventure (s04e16; statue)
- Butters' Very Own Episode (s05e14; photograph)
- All About Mormons (s07e12; mentioned)
- It's Christmas in Canada (s07e15; as toy)
- John Elway is one of Trey Parker's personal heroes - they've never met according to Trey, but Elway was invited to see The Book of Mormon in 2011 with a free ticket.