When the Mayor's second aide, Ted was tragically killed trying to save some children during the Homeless invasion, Mayor McDaniels spent a few weeks with only a single aide by her side. Realizing she needed more help, a new aide eventually joined her, and though quiet, he's made sure to follow the boss around. He helped her and Johnson out with pitching the SoDoSoPa project in hopes of revitalizing the town.
- "Great to see young people expressing an interest in politics." (South Park: The Fractured But Whole)
Design and Outfit
Janson has an average masculine build, with light skin. He wears a dark suit over a white shirt with a black tie, and wears brown pants. He has thick dark brown eyebrows and short, darker brown hair with thick bangs over his forehead.
His exact relationship with his co-workers is unknown, but as he almost always follows both of them around, they are assumed to be close.
Working closely alongside the Mayor and her other aide, Janson spends most of his time working with them at City Hall.
Appearances and Sightings
- Medicinal Fried Chicken (s14e03; debut)
- 200 (s14e05)
- 201 (s14e06)
- It's A Jersey Thing (s14e09)
- The City Part of Town (s19e03; speaking debut)
- You're Not Yelping (s19e04)
- Naughty Ninjas (s19e07)
When the player visits City Hall, Mayor McDaniels is accompanied by both of her respective aides, who are open to selfies once she is. Janson is impressed that the new kid is interested in politics.
Behind the Scenes
Since first speaking in "The City Part of Town", Janson has been voiced by series co-creator Matt Stone.
- Among fans, he is usually known as Mayor's Aide #3 or Ted's Replacement. A few fans call him Gary.
- In South Park: The Fractured But Whole, he is finally named Janson, play on the name of his partner Bob Johnson, and a possible reference to the character Wes Janson from the 1980 film The Empire Strikes Back.