One of the most popular and well-respected actors in Hollywood at one point, Mel Gibson's role in Braveheart shot him to acting stardom, and his film The Passion of the Christ inspired millions - including Eric Cartman, who idolized Gibson for several months. Gibson, however, is not only anti-Semitic but absolutely insane, rarely wearing clothes, furiously twisting his nipples, and most famously, creating the 'Mel Gibson legal defense' by justifying his actions by claiming he has a drinking problem. Say what you will about Mel Gibson, but the son-of-a-bitch knows story structure. Since Mecha-Streisand's destruction, he held on to the Diamond of Pantheos until he joined Tom Cruise's class-action lawsuit and awakened her.
- "My nipples - they hurt when I TWIST them!" (Imaginationland)
- Starvin Marvin (s01e09; referenced)
- Good Times With Weapons (s08e01; mentioned)
- The Passion of the Jew (s08e04)
- Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy (s10e10; mentioned)
- Imaginationland (s11e10)
- 200 (s14e05; cameo)
- 201 (s14e06; cameo)
- Both Stan AND Cartman have posters of Gibson on their bedroom walls - Stan has a The Road Warrior poster, and Cartman has a Braveheart poster. Gibson's role in Braveheart was also spoofed way back in "[[Starvin Marvin" with Chef and a Mutant Turkey!
- He is the only South Park celebrity who is still represented by a photographic face as of "200", since Saddam Hussein has died and others have been updated.