Laura Tucker is Craig's adoring mother and Thomas Tucker's wife. While she can be stern at times, and their family is probably best known for their love of flipping the bird, she and her husband still care deeply about their son. She and her husband seem to have a supportive and stable marriage, even when the other men in the town make fun of her. She is one of the less prominent parents, even among the other South Park mothers.
She became world famous when three totally unknown individuals leaked a video of her undressing that showcased a thick "bush" of pubic hair that shocked audiences worldwide, a video that acquired three hundred million views. She appeared on national television to speak out against the ensuing drone crisis, and according to the Minstrel, she bravely using said bush to fly and lead the drones away.
According to Jimmy Valmer and newspeople alike, she should probably invest in some Hedge Clippers, though she and her husband disagree.
- "You know, it used to be called "natural". Completely shaving bald down there used to be the weird thing. But now, because I choose not to let society dictate how hairy my vagina should be, I'm labelled as some kind of freaking monster!" (The Magic Bush)
- "Don't just OH him, Thomas!" (Tweek vs. Craig)
- "This isn't like Craig at all. I'm really worried." (Pandemic)
- "I don't think anyone wants to live in a world where police drones are monitoring Neighborhood Watch drones. I mean, where does it stop?" (The Magic Bush)
Laura's relationship with her family hasn't been explored in-depth much. She seems to have a good and caring relationship with her son, Craig, and while she and her husband may argue sometimes, when things are rough, they're quite close and loving.
- While many South Park characters' designs and voices have changed over the years, Laura Tucker changed almost three times - she gained a new voice in season 10's "Smug Alert!", an upgrade of her old look in season 12's "Pandemic", and a totally new look and voice in season 18's "The Magic Bush".
- In her first two designs, she was the tallest recurring female character on the show.
- Her second design is still used in most crowd scenes -- in "The City Part of Town" she appears in most scenes in her old design with a longer jacket, but during the end montage, she has her new design!
- Her original character model was re-used for Billy Circlovich's Mom in "The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000".
Myths & Legends
- Craig's father has red hair and his mother is blonde, but Craig has always been depicted with dark hair - brown in "The Losing Edge" and black in most other instances. Since neither child has blonde hair, some fans speculate that Laura's blonde hair is dyed.
- We still don't know if the carpet matches the drapes.