South Park's most prominent officer of the law and arguably it's most trusted authority figure, Officer Barbrady may not be smart, or even literate, but he's usually around when you need him. Sometimes. Though he is often an oaf, there are hints of Barbrady being more aware than he may seem, covering up the existence of CIA helicopters, questioning tactics to use against the ATF forces, interrogating suspects, and providing kids with useful information... like where to find prostitutes.
He was initially the only member of the South Park Police, sending the town into chaos when he briefly resigned in "Chickenlover", but since he began taking reading classes has been joined by the Park County Police Department, boasting a much-expanded police force. Barbrady has also been promoted to Chief-of-Police, a role he rarely asserts. (Because he doesn't want to.) He still patrols the town and makes arrests however, and even occasionally masturbates on duty.
He is married, but his wife has never been seen. He has twice been caught in compromising positions with Mayor McDaniels, who is either his lover or secretly his wife.
- "Okay move along, move along people, there's nothing to see here!"
- "Cows turn themselves inside out all the time." (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe)
- "Well, being an officer of the peace means a lot of things. It's a hard job, but then I'm a hard man." (Chickenlover)
- "Yes, at first, I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical. But then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh-shit, I'm never reading again!" (Chickenlover)
- "Whoever TP'ed your house is still out there roaming the streets. It's only a matter of time before another house and another family is victimized! I have to stop that from happening." (Toliet Paper)
- "Well, Jimmy, the girls here are young and pure. They're not like the ladies down at Colfax Point." (Erection Day)
- "Mr. Marsh, you have to move it isn't safe here." (Pandemic)
- "Okay, people, try to disperse in an orderly fashion, gee whiz." (200)
- "I know it was wrong to masturbate... and it was especially wrong to masturbate while on duty." (Let Go, Let Gov)
- "Remember to support any suspicious activity to the police - that's what I do!" (South Park: The Stick of Truth)
- Cartman Gets An Anal Probe (s01e01)
- Weight Gain 4000 (s01e02)
- Volcano (s01e03)
- Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride (s01e04; cameo)
- Pinkeye (s01e07)
- Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo (s01e10)
- Tom's Rhinoplasty (s01e11; cameo)
- Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (s02e02)
- Chickenlover (s02e03)
- Ike's Wee Wee (s02e04)
- Conjoined Fetus Lady (s02e05)
- Summer Sucks (s02e08)
- Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods (s02e11)
- Cow Days (s02e13)
- Chef Aid (s02e14)
- Spookyfish (s02e15)
- Prehistoric Ice Man (s02e18)
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02)
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (cameo)
- Jackovasaurs (s03e05)
- Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub (s03e08)
- Cartman Joins NAMBLA (s04e06)
- Scott Tenorman Must Die (s05e01)
- Osama bin Laden has Farty Pants (s05e09)
- Fun with Veal (s06e05)
- The Biggest Douche in the Universe (s06e15; cameo)
- I'm a Little Bit Country (s07e01; cameo)
- Toliet Paper (s07e03)
- South Park Is Gay (s07e08)
- Christian Rock Hard (s07e09)
- Douche and Turd (s08e08; cameo)
- Quest for Ratings (s08e11; cameo)
- Die Hippie, Die (s09e02)
- Erection Day (s09e07)
- The Snuke (s11e04)
- Britney's New Look (s12e02; cameo)
- Pandemic (s12e10)
- Pandemic 2: The Startling (s12e11; flashback)
- About Last Night... (s12e12)
- Fishsticks (s13e05; cameo)
- Medicinal Fried Chicken (s14e03)
- 200 (s14e05)
- 201 (s14e06)
- It's A Jersey Thing (s14e09)
- Ass Burgers (s15e08)
- Let Go, Let Gov (s17e01)
- He revealed to Josh Myers that he underwent physical and sexual abuse as a child, perpetrated by his uncles. His father forced him to dress up as a girl and sit on his uncles' laps at poker nights, and his Uncle Charles beat him with a belt.
- Barbrady rarely appears alongside Harrison Yates, though thw two are briefly seen together in "Medicinal Fried Chicken" and "200". He has also never been seen inside the new Park County Police Station, only ever appearing in the old South Park Police Station, last seen in "The Snuke".
- He wears a hearing aide, which is why his voice is loud and often somewhat monotone. He also has a Long Island accent at times.
- He and Liane Cartman are the only adult characters in the series who first appeared in "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe" to retain their original character designs as of Season Seventeen.
During the final Downtown level, at the second part of the stage, Barbrady's car can be triggered to drive down the street, and is capable of damaging and/or killing enemies in it's path.
Officer Barbrady has a small role, standing in front of Tom's Rhinoplasty, greeting and adding the player on Facebook, leaving a disjointed message (due to his illiteracy) and asking about cat pictures. He plays no role in the storyline, though additional voice clips can be found suggesting a larger role.