|Occupation||Park County Police Officer|
|Voiced by||Matt Stone|
|First Appearance||The China Probrem|
Captain "Mitch" Barkley is one of the many officers in the Park County Police and appears to be one of the more serious and competent officers on the force. Barkley has been known to take the lead on occasion when his superior, Harrison Yates is absent, such as taking on a hostage situation at a P.F. Chang's while Yates talked to the District Attorney about the Indiana Jones case. Barkley seems too look up to Detective Yates a lot, and praised his Yelp reviews in the office. Barkely also played a pivotal role in securing Barack Obama's re-election as president... for the sake of the Star Wars films. He's not popular around Skeeter's Wine Bar.
- The China Probrem (s12e08; debut)
- Reverse Cowgirl (s16e01)
- Obama Wins! (s16e14; first identified as Barkley)
- #HappyHolograms (s18e10)
- You're Not Yelping (s19e04; first identified as Mitch)
- Naughty Ninjas (s19e07)
- The Damned (s20e03)
Barkley is close to Sgt. Yates and often discusses cases with him, or Yelp reviews, helping to inspire Yates to keep going. Yates has in turn trusted Barkley to lead squads on his own.
- The nickname "Mitch" has also been used for Officer Barkley and Detective Murphey.
- He has a silver badge on his hat from his early appearances, which set him apart before the badge appeared on other officers. This may have been to indicate he is/was of a higher rank than other officers. He is often the top officer when Yates isn't around.
- He is a member of Police Unit 4. (Obama Wins!)