Father Maxi is the main priest of the Roman Catholic South Park Church. He likes to preach about how Hell awaits most members of South Park, unless they confess their sins at the Church. Even so, even he's got a few sins up his sleeves - like having sex with a woman in the church confessional, an affair with Liane Cartman and his own possible homosexuality. However, he showed his true devoutness in leading the charge against the Holy Document of Vatican law that forbids marriage and permits priests to molest children -- going as far as finding the holy document and ripping it up. He's also a big fan of the Denver Broncos and rallies support at sermons, and it's worth mentioning that presides over many of the town's funerals in some way, shape or form.
- "Look! It's that guy from the public access show!" (Damien)
- "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Sometimes the giveth seems a little disproportionate to the taketh. There seems to be a lot more takething going on, but there it is." (Spontaneous Combustion)
- "You see, these are just stories. Stories that are meant to help people in the right direction. Love your neighbor. Be a good person. That's it! And when you start turning the stories into literal translations of hierarchies and power, well... Well, you end up with this." (Red Hot Catholic Love)
- ”They crucified our lord and savior. If you don’t go to hell for crucifying our savior then what the hell do you go to hell for?”
- Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo (s01e10)
- Damien (s01e08)
- Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut (s01e13)
- Chickenlover (s02e03)
- Ike's Wee Wee (s02e04)
- Cow Days (s02e13)
- Spontaneous Combustion (s03e02)
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (cameo)
- Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery (s03e12)
- Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? (s04e10)
- Probably (s04e11)
- Cripple Fight (s05e03)
- Red Hot Catholic Love (s06e08)
- Grey Dawn (s07e10)
- The Passion of the Jew (s08e04)
- Cartman Sucks (s11e02)
- The Ring (s13e01)
- Margaritaville (s13e03)
- The F Word (s13e12; cameo)
- Reverse Cowgirl (s16e01; cameo)
- In his first written appearance, he referred to Jesus Christ as "that guy from the public access show", referring to his former program Jesus & Pals in the first few seasons.
- Priest Maxi, one of his common names, is an inversion of singer Maxi Priest.
- In "Ike's Wee Wee", he is also shown acting as a Rabbi, though South Park's later rabbi, Dr. Schwartz was introduced in the same episode.
- Though he is the town's main Priest, in some episodes other characters such as Herbert Garrison ("Kenny Dies", s05e13) and on one occasion, an entirely different priest ("Sexual Healing", s14e01) have also been seen.
Father Maxi sits outside of the City Hall, reading from a book and advising the player to find Jesus inside the South Park Church. If the player successfully locates Jesus, they return to Maxi and are given the same task. After finding him a second time, Jesus becomes a summonable character, and both Maxi and Jesus add the player on Facebook.