Professor Chaos is Butters Stotch's villainous alter-ego. Born from a life of dejection, he vows to bring chaos to the world that has shunned him. Chaos has appeared multiple times, concocting not-so-evil plans to destroy the world. Most of which, the Simpsons have already done.
Thought he first revealed himself to Stan Marsh, his identity became known to the world when Kenny McCormick hit him in the eye with a shruiken and he wandered in front of a camera. He later was captured by Coon and Friends and spent a week in Eric Cartman's basement.
It is shown in Butters' imagination he can fly, shoot lightening bolts, create earthquakes, throw web, and use his cape as a shield.
- "From now on I will dedicate my life to bringing chaos to the world that has rejected me! I will become the greatest supervillain the world has ever seen! Where I go, destruction will follow!" (Professor Chaos)
- "I am Professor Chaos, bringer of destruction and doom! Your feeble ninja powers are no match for me!" (Good Times With Weapons)
- "How utterly delightful! The heroic and mighty Coon... come to put a stop to me again." (The Coon)
- "Hey fellas? Fellas, could you let me out please? It uh it's been like six days." (Coon 2: Hindsight)
- "Sorry, Grandma, but you brought this on yosrself! It's time you met... Chaos!" (Butterballs)
- Professor Chaos (s06e06; debut)
- The Simpsons Already Did It (s06e07)
- My Future Self n' Me (s06e16; costume cameo)
- Krazy Kripples (s07e02)
- I'm a Little Bit Country (s07e01; cameo)
- Good Times With Weapons (s08e01)
- Go God Go (s10e10)
- The Coon (s13e02)
- Coon 2: Hindsight (s14e11)
- Mysterion Rises (s14e12)
- Coon vs. Coon and Friends (s14e13)
- City Sushi (s15e06; costume cameo)
- Butterballs (s16e05)
- Sarcastaball (s16e07; costume cameo)
Professor Chaos is a playable characters in the XBLA game, South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play!. He can only be unlocked with a special code given out by game developers or South Park Studios.
- Special Attack - Chaos calls down an airstrike of lightening that can hit enemies all over the field.
As a special move, Butters Stotch can transform into the anime-styled version of his supervillain persona and execute a number of powerful moves, chosen via a wheel.
- Hammer of Chaos: All enemies are stunned and damaged.
- Chaos Blast: Damages all enemies at once.
- Life Drain: Heals the New Kid and Butters and damages all enemies.
- Chaos Storm: Damages random enemies up to five times.
- Chaos Cloak: Creates a shield around Butters and the New kid that lasts for up to nine hits.