Professor Chaos (episode)
When Stan, Kyle, and Cartman fire Butters as their friend, he snaps and decides to become the greatest supervillain the world has ever seen -- Professor Chaos. However his evil deeds -- switching soup orders at Bennigan's, stealing Ms. Choksondik's chalkboard erasers -- don't exactly inspire terror in the hearts of South Park's citizens. Nevertheless, he does acquire a sidekick -- a first-grader named Dougie who becomes General Disarray.
At the same time, the boys hold auditions to find Butters' replacement. After putting the applicants through swimsuit and talent competitions, they take them to a ballpark to watch a game. Professor Chaos manages to seize control of the stadium's Jumbotron and promises to flood the entire town. Instead of panicing, the people in the stadium take off their clothes and party.
Chaos carries through with his "plan" to flood the town by turning on the hose in his backyard. It doesn't work, and after a water company crew turns off his water, he's forced to re-think his anarchy.
Professor Chaos decides instead to destroy the ozone layer by emptying one can of aerosol spray after another into the sky. This doesn't work either. The boys, unaware of the ongoing threat to the planet they have spawned, pick Tweek as their new friend.
What I Learned Today
"I am an outcast. A shadow of a man who can find no companionship. No love from others. Fine! If I am to be an outcast, so be it! I'm through doing what others tell me to do, and I am sick of this world and the stinky people in it! From now on I will dedicate my life to bringing chaos to the world that has dejected me! I will become the greatest super villain the world has ever seen! Where I go, destruction will follow!"
- "I think I deserve to take Butters' place the most, because I've been hanging around these guys for like five years and I never get to say or do anything." Dog Poo Petuski
- "Ah, the look on their faces when they got the wrong soup. I love bringing chaos!" Professor Chaos
- "You don't drink tea at a baseball game you French piece of crap!" Cartman
- "What if we don't want to be your friend?" Clyde Donovan
- "Where I go, destruction will follow!" Professor Chaos
- "If you receive a rose, please stay. If you don't, get the fudge out." Cartman
- "Wash your hands after you touch those hamsters, you'll get AIDS." Linda Stotch
- "I believe I said get the futch out, which means kiss my futchin' ass, go futch yourself, futch ya, get the futch out, Clyde." Cartman
- "You brought this upon yourselves! You made the outcasts of the world! Now watch! Watch as your precious planet drowns!" Professor Chaos
Professor Chaos, Butters' evil alter ego, and his sidekick, General Disarray -- formerly a first-grader named Dougie, first seen in Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub. Also, an unkempt background character finally speaks. He reveals that his name is Dog Poo.
Behind The Scenes
Some thought was given to turning the episode into a cliffhanger by refusing to name Butters' replacement until the next batch of shows. Then they just decided to spill the beans and reveal that it was Tweek.
Where Did The Idea Come From
Trey and Matt thought if would be funny if the boys fired Butters as their friend, then replaced him with an ever-changing assortment of characters. They also liked the idea of Butters turning to his dark side -- which turned out to be not that dark
Pop Culture References
During the talent competition segment of the contest to replace Kenny, Towelie tries (and fails miserably) to play Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven."
The boys' competition to find a new best friend -- complete with direct-to-camera interviews and elimination challenges -- mimics popular reality TV shows such as The Bachelor, The Real World and Survivor.
Butters has a poster for GI Bill on door of his room. This is a parody of the popular kids toy GI Joe.
The original group of candidates to replace Kenny includes: Wendy, Token, Craig, Clyde, Ike, Bebe, Jason, Dougie, Fosse and Bill, Quaid, Filmore, Home-Schooled Kid (Mark Cotswolds), Towelie, Jimmy, Timmy, Tweek, Pip Pirrup, Loogie (from "The Tooth Fairy Tats 2000") and Damien Thorn, the son of Satan. The newspaper that Butters flips through has the headline: "Afghanistan! Tajikastan! Pakistan! damn those 'Stans'!"
Butters' "Minions of Chaos" (hamsters with glued-on tin foil suits) will make another appearance in The Coon.
- e1 Freak Strike
- e2 Jared Has Aides
- e3 Asspen
- e4 The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer
- e5 Fun with Veal
- e6 Professor Chaos (episode)
- e7 The Simpsons Already Did It
- e8 Red Hot Catholic Love
- e9 Free Hat
- e10 Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society
- e11 Child Abduction is Not Funny
- e12 A Ladder to Heaven
- e13 The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
- e14 The Death Camp of Tolerance
- e15 The Biggest Douche in the Universe
- e16 My Future Self 'n' Me
- e17 Red Sleigh Down