The fallen Prince of Darkness still rules over Hell and tortures each and every subject doomed to his flaming domain for eternity - and even makes the occasional attempt to take over Heaven or swindle good people out of their money. Don't let that bad reputation and rugged physique fool you though - Satan's really just a big old softie. Though he usually acts tough and dominating while at work and trying to deal with each of his subjects, he is actually quite sensitive and lonely, and has a strong desire for romance and companionship. That doesn't change the fact he remains attracted to those who seem even more evil than he is, of course.
He has been in a number of long-term relationships over the last thousand years, from an abusive sexual relationship with former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein after he was secretly taken out by a pack of American-trained wild boars, to a compassionate relationship with a man named Chris that was strained by a lack of intimacy. After a chat with God, Satan decided to figure himself out before entering another relationship, and besides flings with a demon named Kevin and possibly a porcupine, has been on his own since. He also has an estranged son named Damien Thorn, whom he rarely sees.
While he was at first unwelcome sight in the town of South Park, swindling it's citizens in his boxing match with Jesus, but after saving the world from Saddam (with some help from one Kenny McCormick) he has been allowed free reign between Earth and Hell as he pleases. He throws massive parties at Halloween and Christmas time - and he has also been more lenient in granting clemency to his own subjects as well.
- "I have such delightful horrors to unleash upon thee." (Damien)
- "And now I will take all your hard-earned money, and return to Hell a much richer Prince of Darkness, and buy some realty." (Damien)
- "Fallen one, I am Satan. I am your god now!" (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "What's it like up on earth, Saddam? Tell me about it again." (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes." (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "You have spilled the blood of the innocent! Now begins two million years of darkness!" (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "I have had ENOUGH of you!" (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "He spent so much time convincing me I was weak and stupid that I… believed it myself." (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut)
- "Well, I tell you what: Maybe we'll have ourselves a little Christmas, right here! Come on, everyone, gather 'round!" (Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics)
- "Just… give me some boundaries, be jealous, go throw a football around, for Christ's sake." (Probably)
- "You know, I've had steady relationships for the last… thousand years, and when one ends I just start another one, but… I haven't taken the time to be secure with myself." (Probably)
- "Hey- Thanks, God. I forgot how clear you make things sometimes." (Probably)
- "My fellow damned souls! Now is the time for our assault! You know no fear! You will drink the blood of angels! We go now! Nothing can stop us!" (Best Friends Forever)
- "Halloween is about me! And I deserve a par-ty! This... shall be MY Super Sweet 16!!" (Hell on Earth 2006)
- "Did Diddy do it?" (Hell on Earth 2006)
- "At midnight, all the lights go down. The music stops. And then we wheel in... a Ferrari. Only it isn't a Ferrari... It's a cake. And everyone gets a piece." (Hell on Earth 2006)
- "Halloween is supposed to be for everyone. Everybody, I'm sorry. This party is for you. It's for all of you who make my life so special. If I don't realize that, then I'm no better than a rich American teenage girl." (Hell on Earth 2006)
- Damien (s01e08)
- Mecha-Streisand (s01e12; photograph)
- The Mexican Staring Frog of Sri Lanka (s02e06; cameo)
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (s03e15)
- Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? (s04e10)
- Probably (s04e11)
- Woodland Critter Christmas (s08e14; heavily referenced)
- Best Friends Forever (s09e04)
- Hell on Earth 2006 (s10e11)
Satan briefly appears after the boys defeat the Anti-Christ in Hell, but refuses to come down and scare them, instead banishing them back to Earth so they can resume their pursuit of Scott Tenorman.