South Park: Phone Destroyer
South Park: Phone Destroyer
South Park Digital Studios
|Modes||Single Player, Multi Player|
|Release Date(s)||TBA 2017|
Watch the Trailers
Check out the following selection of kickass trailers for the game!
- You can start with the E3 2017 Reveal Trailer.
In South Park: Phone Destroyer™, players once again assume the role of the New Kid and team up with South Park characters to play a new game with cowboys, pirates, cyborgs and even almighty gods. Take your gang on a new single-player adventure featuring an original story. Full of fun, explosive battles and irreverent humor, players build and upgrade an all-powerful team to master the true strength of the cards they acquire.
Upgrading and learning to use cards strategically is key to competing at the next level: the real-time Multiplayer mode. Player versus Player combat challenges players’ skill and knowledge needed to defeat opponents in order to rise up the global multiplayer ranks.
When the kids are at a loss as to what game to play next, Eric Cartman insists they play Cowboys and Indians, and instructs "The New Kid" to join them due to his skill with his phone, since the Indians always win. Sheriff Cartman, Gunslinger Kyle, Outlaw Tweek, and the New Kid lead the cowboys up against Stan of Many Moons, who leads the Indians, chasing him throughout town as he gradually calls upon the assistance of Pirates as well.
The following character will appear in the game according to trailers and screenshots.
- Some canonical alter-egos from the show appear in the game, in addition to the many, many new costumes not worth listing.
Character and Costume Debuts
- Every level of the game has new looks for familiar characters!
- While a variety of locations appear in the background, all gameplay scenes so far seen take place in the streets of the town.
For those lucky few living in Nordic countries such as Sweden and Denmark, the game is already available in a "soft launch" state, as only a small amount of players can be handled on the servers... but some unspecified time in the future, we'll roll it out in more and more countries!
Behind the Scenes
The game includes a disclaimer, similar to that before every South Park episode, suggesting nobody play the game, a mild reference to "Freemium Isn't Free" - the existence of a free-to-play South Park game in wake of that episode wasn't missed in E3 press coverage.
Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Adrien Beard, and April Stewart provide new voice overs for their characters in the game.
Pop Culture References
- The card and graphics for "Kenny's Sister" are all based on Sally Bands, a kindergartener unrelated to Kenny McCormick or his family (as far as we know) instead of his actual sister, Karen McCormick.
- The E3 2017 trailer depicts her as "Bandito Sally" instead, using the correct name... but the version released in the soft launch still says "Kenny's Sister".