The Magic Bush
- 1 Broadcast Description
- 2 Synopsis
- 3 Memorable Quotes
- 4 Characters
- 5 Locations
- 6 Behind The Scenes
- 7 Pop Culture References
- 8 Bonus Factoids
- 9 Season 18
Cartman and Butters get their hands on a drone and can’t resist the urge to take it for a spin around the neighborhood.
Butters shows Cartman his drone so Cartman Kenny and Butters fly it around and See Craig's moms Bush.
- "Like we're not gonna tell Kenny we have a Fucking drone Cmon Butters!" Eric Cartman
- "...the whole thing is pretty damn hairy!" Roger Donovan
- "It's a LOT of natural." Stuart McCormick
- "You're a dick, you're a spying dick. And now you wanna lecture KENNY about spying?! Fuck you, hypocrite dick spy!" Eric Cartman
- No, it's impossible. He's not allowed to fly it without my supervision. Stephen Stotch
- "Why would you turn Craig's Mom's bush into a music video!" Butters Stotch
- "Ha ha... Gerald's watching Housewives of Atlanta!" Randy Marsh
- "Alright come in. Kenny's here I told him all about it." “Oh my god, we've got full bush!” Eric Cartman
- "Now hold on. I am a drone hobby enthusiast. I would never use my drone in a way that contradicts the drone hobbiest code of conduct!" Stephen Stotch
- "Oh no dad, I've just been sleeping. Why do you ask?" Butters Stotch
- "Locked and loaded, full metal bush, bro." Eric Cartman
- "Ohhh nothin'. You just might wanna hire Tarzan to do some landscaping work for your mom." Jimmy Valmer
- "If we don't do something now, we're gonna be up to our navels with bush. Ergh- Up to our necks in trouble! Sorry!" Randy Marsh
- “No, no, none of us watched the video but if we DID we could handle it. We're police officers. We see sickening things like that every day.” Detective Harrison Yates
- “Now, for the first time, we sit down and talk to the MOM behind the BUSH.” - 20/20 Narrator
- "BUTTERS! BUTTERS! Jennifer Lawrence's butthole didn't take a picture of ITSELF." Eric Cartman
- “If there's one thing we've learned, it's that drones can't resist Craig's mom.” Eric Cartman
- “Craig's Mom's bush! Craig's Mom's bush! Gargantuan Thicket of Madness! Craig's Mom's bush! Craig's Mom's bush! Bigger than earth and denser than gold. Truly a magical bush to behold.” Minstrel
Behind The Scenes
- Why Craig's Mom? From the writers: "Really, it sounded funny to say Craig's Mom's bush."
- From the writers: The haunted drone idea was something we discussed the 1st day in the Writers Room. Then we went in a different direction. Two days before air, we brought back the idea of the drone being haunted, along with the "enthusiast" idea.
Trey giving notes during production of 'The Magic Bush".
Production Art: Drone
Art used while designing the drone.
In the first draft of the script, this episode was called "Bushgate"
Character Art: Butters
This shot of Butters in bed required new poses.
Prop Art: Drones
All the drones, including this Neighborhood Watch drone, were designed by the Art Dept.
Character Art: Craig's Mom
Craig's Mom got a totally updated look for this episode.
Prop Art: Police Drone
Production art used while designing the Police drone.
Prop Art: "Full Metal Bush" Video Page
All props, like this "Full Metal Bush" video page, are mocked up & designed by the Art Department.
Character Art: "Frazzled" Stephen Stotch
This "frazzled" version of Butters' Dad required all-new art.
Pop Culture References
- This drone storyline parallels the recent riots in Ferguson, Missouri.
- This is the first time we've ever heard Stephen's middle name: Stephen "Willis" Stotch.
- Although she's been around since Season 3, this is the first time we learn Craig's mom's full name: Laura Tucker.
This Farmer originally debuted 3 seasons ago in "You're Getting Old", talking about "shittin in britches".