Titties and Dragons
The doors to the mall will finally open for the biggest Black Friday sale in history. The boys are divided over which gaming device to buy and a bloody battle will determine whether X-box or Sony will be the winner.
Behind The Scenes
- Originally, this episode focused on recruiting factions, but the writers tried it and didn’t like it... It didn’t feel like Game of Thrones.
- The sword fight between Butters and Scott Malkinson required special battle poses.
- In an original draft of the script, Kenny recruited Underpants Gnomes and Cartman recruited Crab People.
- From Matt and Trey: "In Game of Thrones, whenever you see two people walking in a garden, you’re like... 'Oh boy, here we go.'"
- According to the writers: “Game of Thrones basically goes scene to scene, betrayal to betrayal. It's just a betrayal fest."
- Yes, that is Trey Parker doing ALL the a cappella parts of the Wiener Song.
- It wasn’t until Tuesday (the day before air) that the writers added the Japanese Kenny anime scene.
- Full lyrics to the Princess Kenny theme song: "Ima Kaiobi desu. Princess Kenny Korosu. Naze matta? Naze Osoi? Kenny Chan kawai- Princessssuuuuuu!"
- The writers almost ended this episode with Princess Kenny having crazy powers and blowing away entire armies. Instead, they decided his superpower is... he’s super cute.
Pop Culture References
- Bill Gates has appeared twice in South Park. He first debuted in South Park's movie Bigger, Longer and Uncut (where he's shot). And later in Season 5's "The Entity".
- According to Trey and Matt: “We get to see Bill Gates, who we actually killed in the South Park Movie...but...whatever. He’s back.”
- Yes, that's an Orgazmo poster on the door in Cartman's room. Orgazmo was Trey and Matt’s first movie -- it premiered in '97, the same year that "South Park" debuted.
- The title "A Song of Ass and Fire" is a parody of "A Song of Ice and Fire"- the original name of the book series Game of Thrones is based on.
- When asked about his character in South Park, "Game Of Thrones" creator George R. R. Martin said: "I’ve been told [my] character in South Park is obsessed with weenies. I have to deny this as a scurrilous rumor. I have nothing against weenies, weenies are fine. But I am not obsessed with weenies. I am definitely on the boobies side of the equation. Boobies, not weenies."
- This episode (and the previous two episodes: Black Friday and A Song of Ass and Fire are based on the popular HBO series "Game of Thrones".
- The instrumental Game of Thrones-style intro to this episode is the first time EVER that they didn't use some variation of South Park's theme song.
- These holiday shoppers parody White Walkers from Game of Thrones. Did you catch the dead Miss Stephenson in the crowd?
- After 17 years, we finally learn the full names of the Reporter (Niles Lawton) and the News Anchors (Tom and Tammy Thompson). Tom Thompson made his debut as Channel 4's news anchor in Season 13’s "The F Word".
- In addition to Game of Thrones style decorations, there's a lot of wiener art in the background.
- Bill Gates was already Murdered in the Southpark movie, by the U.S. Army.