Token is a member of the boy's 4th grade class. He is the richest kid in South park and also the only black kid. In one instance, Cartman got arrested and sent to juvie hall after throwing a rock at Token's head. Token is also a very gifted singer and can play a mean bass guitar. When he's not slapping the bass, however, he's teaming up with the infamous superhero squad Coon and Friends. His secret identity: "Tupperware!"
- "Yeah, and with Cartman's enormously fat ass, the boys are sure to win." ("Cartman's Silly Hate Crime")
- "Please God, send more rich kids to my town..." ("Here Comes the Neighborhood")
- "What?! We don't HAVE a bass guitar!" ("Christian Rock Hard")
- "JESSE JACKSON IS NOT THE EMPEROR OF BLACK PEOPLE!" ("With Apologies to Jesse Jackson")
- "I'm sorry, Kyle. I like girls." ("Cartman Finds Love")
- "You made everyone think I'm a fucking patient zero!" ("World War Zimmerman")
- ”Five midgets spanking a man covered in Thousand Island dressing. Is that making love?”
- Cartman's Silly Hate Crime (s04e01)
- Here Comes the Neighborhood (s05e12)
- Christian Rock Hard (s07e09)
- All About Mormons (s07e12, cameo)
- Raisins (s07e14)
- Quest for Ratings (s08e11)
- Wing (s09e03)
- With Apologies to Jesse Jackson (s11e01)
- Coon 2: Hindsight (s14e11)
- Funnybot (s15e02)
- 1% (s15e12)
- Cartman Finds Love (s16e07)
- World War Zimmerman (s17e03)
- Much like Butters, Token has actually been around as a background character since the pilot episode, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe". His first big breakout role was in Season 4's "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime".
Token vs. Cartman
Token and Cartman have always had a love/hate relationship -- from the "hate crime" in Token's first main episode ("Cartman's Silly Hate Crime") to their intense standoff in last season's "World War Zimmerman". Token also kicked Cartman's ass in "Christian Rock Hard".
Behind The Scenes
- Token is one of the few main [male] characters not voiced by Matt and Trey. His voice is provided by our Producer/Lead Storyboard Artist Adrien Beard.
- Below is a selection of kick-ass behind the scenes content, exclusively from South Park:
From "World War Zimmerman" (1703)
Fist Bump: Storyboard
After the script is written, the first step in our production process is creating storyboards. Here's a "board" of the fist bump scene, before it was animated bro.
"Patient Zero" Art
Here's a better look at the art for Cartman's "Patient Zero" sketch. All props used in the show are created by our Art Department.