Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
The second installment in the Meteor Shower Trilogy. Stan is forced by his parents to attend Mr. Mackey's meteor shower party, where he's locked in the basement along with the town's biggest "Melvins": Pip; a first-grader named Dougie; and Butters (his first appearance in which he actually has lines). Meanwhile Stan's dad Randy and Kyle's dad Gerald climb naked into Mr. Mackey's new hot tub and discuss their mutual desire to watch another man masturbate. A desire they promptly fulfill. Meanwhile, Kyle Stan tries to escape the basement, but the Melvins decide to dress up in women's clothing and play Charlie's Angels. They ask Stan to be Bosley, and gives them the "mission" of finding a way out. They exit via an air duct, locate a TV and discover that agents from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms have surrounded the house. The ATF believes the party guests are cult members planning to commit suicide. To counter this crazed cult suicide, the ATF prepares to storm the house and kill everyone. The boys, still in their Charlie's Angels outfits, make a video proving that there's nothing going on in the house, then smuggle it out to the press. Disaster is more-or-less averted. While the life-or-death struggle with the ATF plays out, Randy spends the party moping around, freaked out by the masturbation session in the hot tub. But he feels better when he learns that pretty much every other male at the gathering has done something similar. Is it gay? "Well, maybe a little," Jimbo says. "But we're all a little gay."
What I Learned Today
- "I used to call you guys Melvins. But you're just kids like me. We separate you in school because you talk different and study too hard, and you've proven tonight that we can all get along."
Seconds later Stan disavows this statement and abandons his new friends when Kyle shows up.
- "All right, let's get ready to kick some religious fanatic ass." - (ATF Commander)
- "You can't just hang out with your buddy Kyle all the time. People will think you're you know funny." (Stan's Dad)
- "This sounds as fun as Wickershams and Decklers!" (Pip)
- "Well, it is a night for experimenting." (Stan's Dad)
- "Those sick cult-fanatic bastards!" (Newscaster)
- "Did I do a nice job, really?" (Pip)
- "Well, it's not like you're the only guy who's ever watched another guy masturbate." (Mr. Mackey)
Dougie, the first-grader, who would surface again three years later as Professor Chaos' sidekick, General Disarray, in "Professor Chaos". Also Butters, because this was the first time he actually got to say anything. His halting speech pattern was modeled after that of South Park's Director of Animation Eric Stough. Cameron, the big burly guy that's friends with Jimbo.
Eight partygoers gunned down by the ATF as they try to leave Mr. Mackey's house. Four homes blown up.
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
Inspired by Trey and Matt's chance viewing of an HBO documentary about the ATF attack on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas.
Pop Culture References
Reporter 'Derek Smalls', who saves the house from destruction by telling the world about the boys' video, is named after a character from This Is Spinal Tap.
After finding women's clothes, the Melvins immediately decide they should play Charlie's Angels. Butters and Pip both want to be Jacquelin Smith. But eventually, Butters wins out, leaving Pip to play 'Sabrina Duncan'. By default, that would make Dougie 'Kris Munroe'.
Cher, whose music is used by the ATF to try to drive the "suicide cult" from its lair. Her voice was impersonated by South Park creative director Pam Brady, who sounds like Cher might sound if she tried to sing right after having oral surgery. The sad truth is that the ATF actually did blast Cher songs at the Branch Davidians during the siege.
Randy freaks out when he overhears two townspeople gossiping about who "they heard was gay". Turns out, it was just Ricky Martin.
In an early scene Cartman's mom is shown at the party talking on the phone to her son -- a direct reference to events in the first installment of the Meteor Shower Trilogy, "Cat Orgy".
The instrumental version of "Wild Wild West" from "Cat Orgy" can be heard playing in the background of the party during the scene where Dougie is taping his report. Later, an instrumental version of "Stinky Britches" from "Chef Aid" plays.
Usually, negotiators try to find compromise in dangerous situations. Here, "the Negotiator" is just a large cannon, which the ATF points directly at Mackey's house.
Pip was Archery class esquire at Stratfordshire. I believe that means he was good.
- e1 Rainforest Shmainforest
- e2 Spontaneous Combustion
- e3 The Succubus
- e4 Tweek vs. Craig
- e5 Jakovasaurs
- e6 Sexual Harassment Panda
- e7 Cat Orgy
- e8 Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
- e9 Jewbilee
- e10 Chinpoko Mon
- e11 Starvin' Marvin in Space
- e12 Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
- e13 Hooked on Monkey Fonics
- e14 The Red Badge of Gayness
- e15 Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
- e16 Are You There, God? It's Me, Jesus
- e17 World Wide Recorder Concert