World Wide Recorder Concert
South Park Elementary's entire third-grade class is roped into appearing at a live, world-wide recorder concert put on by the Pox network. But Mr. Garrison is horrified to learn that it will take place in his home state of Arkansas. His reluctance to go there stems from his experience with child molestation. Or rather, the lack thereof. Apparently Mr. Garrison has never gotten over the fact that his father didn't molest him. He feels, somehow, that it was because he wasn't desirable. Encouraged by Mr. Mackey, he confronts his parents about the issue. Not surprisingly, his father thinks he's insane.
Meanwhile, the boys try to fit in at the recorder concert, called the "4 Million Child Blow 2000." Cartman is obsessed with locating "the brown note," a legendary audio tone that causes anyone who hears it to spontaneously poop their pants. Incredibly, he actually finds it. The boys use it to take revenge on a group of New York kids who make fun of them. They change the kids' sheet music to include the brown note, hoping they'll poop their pants on live TV. Unfortunately, a manager for the show finds the new music and alters it for all the kids.
The concert finally takes place, with all 4 million kids hitting the brown note in unison and everyone around the world poops themselves. But there's a happy ending. In light of this horrendous act, the New York children develop a new respect for the South Park kids. Mr. Garrison is happy too, because his father finally "molested him." Except that he didn't. We learn that it was actually Kenny G, who was paid $100 to do the job.
What I Learned Today
"We were so worried about how cool we looked to those New Yorker kids that we forgot we were already totally cool. Even if we don't know what queef means."
- "What's Arkansas? Is that a state?" (Stan)
- "I'm gonna kick your ass, m'kay?" (Mr. Mackey)
- "It's been just under 20 hours since everyone on earth pooped their pants. And people still roam their damaged homes with disbelief and loss." (Newscaster)
- "You kiss just like my dad." (Mr. Garrison)
- "God dammit! I don't think you children have been working on your fingering!" (Mr. Garrison)
- "Well, you look like a bunch of queefs to me!" (Smitty, the New Yorker Kid)
- "You guys are nothing but MUNG!" ((Stan)
- "Am I the only sane person left on Earth?!" (Garrison's Father)
- "Would you have sex with your son to save his life?" (Garrsion's Father)
- "Everybody on earth shat themselves 'cause of you That's pretty amazing." (Smitty, New Yorker Kid)
Smitty, the leader of the New York kids. Also, Mr. Garrison's Parents make their debut.
Kenny, who pooped himself to death.
Behind The Scenes
Where Did The Idea Come From
Matt and Trey both proudly state that this is "one of the most fucked-up things we've ever done," describing its horrendous take on child molestation as like a "reverse after-school special from hell."
Pop Culture References
When asked where to go by Ms. Crabtree, Mr. Garrison says, "Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning." It originally comes from the 1904 play Peter Pan, but is actually referencing its reuse in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
Cartman mentions his affinity for the medical drama Chicago Hope in this episode, saying, "they should bring back another season of Chicago Hope, though. Seriously." When this aired, the hospital drama was in its final season.
Kenny G, who according to the episode can be hired to deflower middle-aged men. Also Yoko Ono, who is the incomprehensible "special guest conductor" of the 4 Million Child Blow 2000.
Cartman threatens to find the brown noise and make Kyle crap himself "until he looks like Karen Carpenter", lead singer of the popular 70s duo The Carpenters.
The Pox network is, of course, a parody of the Fox network.
Mr. Hat beats up Mr. Mackey in this episode. This, along with his daring jailhouse breakout in "Chef Aid", offers further evidence that Mr. Hat is his own man.
The New York kids call the boys "queef", and they are pissed that they don't know what it means. 10 seasons later, they find out first-hand in the episode "Eat, Pray, Queef".
- e1 Rainforest Shmainforest
- e2 Spontaneous Combustion
- e3 The Succubus
- e4 Tweek vs. Craig
- e5 Jakovasaurs
- e6 Sexual Harassment Panda
- e7 Cat Orgy
- e8 Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
- e9 Jewbilee
- e10 Chinpoko Mon
- e11 Starvin' Marvin in Space
- e12 Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
- e13 Hooked on Monkey Fonics
- e14 The Red Badge of Gayness
- e15 Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
- e16 Are You There, God? It's Me, Jesus
- e17 World Wide Recorder Concert